Friday, July 8, 2011

Rimmel - Steel Grey

I still chuckle every time I think of buying this nail polish. I must have been studying it very carefully at the store because a girl walking by told me I would not regret buying this one... she has it and loves it. At the same time an elderly lady standing nearby decided to have a "separate" conversation with a sales clerk loudly stating that she doesn't understand these ugly brown and gray nail polishes... who would possibly think anyone would wear these? The girl and I exchanged glances and smiled as I put the polish in my cart. :)

This is Steel Grey from Rimmel Lasting Finish Pro. I would call it more of a taupe color than grey, but regardless of the name, the color is gorgeous. It was opaque in two coats and application was very smooth. I did apply three coats for my mani though since I wanted to see how it builds up...



Outside, overcast...


The one thing that surprised me about this polish was the size of the brush! I personally loved it, but it would probably be difficult for someone with narrow nails. Just for a quick comparison: a standard sized brush on the left, Borghese brush in the middle, and the Rimmel brush on the right. Silly me, I thought that Borghese brushes are big... :D


I must say, I certainly do not regret buying this one! :)

Brand: Rimmel
Collection:Lasting Finish PRO
Color Name/Number: Steel Grey, 270

Formaldehyde, Toluene, Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP) and Camphor free

3 comments:

  1. I have been wanting to get this color for a while now, but every time I go to the store I put it back down.. IDK why!!!! The brush is super big, I can do my pinky with one stroke!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was my first of these Rimmels and I fell in love with the brush! It was the first time I needed no cleanup at all. Such a lovely shade too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Polish AMOR: I think I covered my pinky in one shot too, but it fit perfectly!

    @ABOP: Oh me too! The brush fits my nails so well :)

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments and reading what you have to say! So don't be shy... comment! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...